Nursery Deputy Manager
The Nursery Deputy Manager will work under the direction of the manager and deputise for them as and when required. Deputy Nursery Manager’s support the aims and objectives of the nursery and assist the manager in the organisation of a high quality establishment for children from birth to 5 years. You will provide high standards of childcare and education – to include the monitoring and review of provision, this includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities, assisting in leading and implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and any other legal/statutory frameworks as well as direct and support staff as agreed by the nursery manager.
This is a full time nursery deputy manager role based in either Southall or Rayners Lane working 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri) shift pattern of 7.30am – 4.00pm or 9.30am – 6.00pm which will alternate between the team.
- To promote the aims and objectives of the nursery.
- To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to parents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and emotional care.
- To ensure that the welfare and safety of children is paramount within the setting and any child protection concerns are always appropriately acted upon immediately, following LSCB guidelines.
- To lead a team of professional workers and to ensure good practice at all times, including staff induction, supervision and appraisal.
- To attend relevant training/conferences/meetings to support professional development, keeping up to date with childcare/education practice and cascading to staff team.
- To assist the manager in setting, implementing and reviewing policies for the nursery.
- To assist with the preparation and maintenance of materials and equipment.
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children and ensuring staff compliance and awareness.
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- NVQ level 3 or higher
- 2 year experience in management/senior role.
- Must have a strong knowledge of the EYFS.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of safeguarding.
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to early years such as EYFS, SEN, safeguarding and children’s act 2006
- Good ICT skills
- Good customer service.
- Good communication verbal and written.
- Able to be an effective leader and work as part of a team.
- Good record keeping, report writing and presentational skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Salary of up to £20,000
- Complimentary uniform
- Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Career development opportunities and continued professional development.
Established in 2000 Regent Group has a passion for education; helping learners excel personally, academically and professionally. Based in north-west London, we are experienced providers delivering quality education from nursery, through tuition services and full-time secondary school, to further and higher education and executive leadership courses.
Our first nursery at Pinner, Harrow was established in 2004 and we are opening our second nursery in Southall in early 2018. We offer both full day and half day sessions for children from 0 to 5 years and are open 51 weeks per year.
The Nursery operates by its ethos of “Play, Learn, Create, Engage, Develop and Grow” which encourages children to combine both structured learning experiences and their natural inclination to play, explore and question, to develop into young boys and girls, ready for the challenges that growing up will bring.
The above list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. All members of staff are required to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the post and Regent Group.
How to apply:
Applications for this post must include a curriculum vitae (CV) and a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the job role criteria. Applications should be sent to [email protected]
*You must already have the right to work in the UK or EU and provide Right to Remain or Visa in proof of this.
“Regent Group is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.”