We welcome applications from nursery practitioners who are qualified to Level 2 or CACHE, ideally level 3 as minimum requirement. As a nursery practitioner you will work as an effective member of an early year’s team delivering a flexible, high quality, education and care service that meets the needs of the young children and their families. At Regent Nursery we provide a happy, warm, stimulating and secure learning environment for our children. Our nursery practitioners aim to meet the individual needs of our children, giving them the social skills and confidence they need in their formative years and providing them with a sound platform for transition into school life.
This is a full time nursery practitioner role based in either Southall or Rayners Lane working 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri) shift pattern of 7.30am – 4.00pm or 9.30am – 6.00pm which will alternate between the team.
- Provide high quality care and activities for children, which recognise both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment.
- Organise activities, both inside and outside the nursery, which encourages creativity, development, co-ordination, independence, self-expression, and learning through play.
- Participate in the key person system and be responsible for a group of children. Monitor, assess, record and report on their development and progress.
- Follow the early year’s foundation stage framework for guidance in your practice with the children.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers, recognising that parents are their children’s first educators, and encourage parental involvement in the nursery.
- Assist children with personal care, including changing nappies, assisting with toilet training and other associated welfare duties.
- Carry out on-going cleaning of the nursery.
- Carry out health and safety checks as required to ensure the nursery is tidy, safe, and clean and secure for children, staff, parent/carers and visitors.
- Salary of £16,500 – £17,500
- Complimentary uniform
- Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Career development opportunities and continued professional development.
Established in 2000 Regent Group has a passion for education; helping learners excel personally, academically and professionally. Based in north-west London, we are experienced providers delivering quality education from nursery, through tuition services and full-time secondary school, to further and higher education and executive leadership courses.
Our first nursery at Pinner, Harrow was established in 2004 and we are opening our second nursery in Southall in early 2018. We offer both full day and half day sessions for children from 0 to 5 years and are open 51 weeks per year.
The Nursery operates by its ethos of “Play, Learn, Create, Engage, Develop and Grow” which encourages children to combine both structured learning experiences and their natural inclination to play, explore and question, to develop into young boys and girls, ready for the challenges that growing up will bring.
The above list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. All members of staff are required to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the post and Regent Group.
How to apply:
Applications for this post must include a curriculum vitae (CV) and a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the job role criteria. Applications should be sent to [email protected]
*You must already have the right to work in the UK or EU and provide Right to Remain or Visa in proof of this.
“Regent Group is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.”