|What OFSTED said
|What we have done to improve
|Systems for observations, assessment and planning are in place; however, there is inconsistency in some staff's knowledge and implementation of these. As a result children's progress is not always successfully monitored and staff are not always confident in their knowledge of the key vocabulary to use with activities.
- The planning cycle has been reviewed and revisited.
- All staff have received EYFS training
- Planning and observations are monitored weekly by the management team.
- Planning template now includes a key word box to ensure staff are supporting children with the correct language.
- Termly progress reports are being carried out to ensure children are progressing well.
|Staff do not plan effectively enough to ensure they are confident in their knowledge of the key vocabulary to use with activities.
- All staff have had one to one support with regards to the planning cycle and they have all been involved in the revising of the planning.
- The new planning template allows for the staff to now think about the key words and questions that they are going to use within their activities.
|Staff do not work effectively enough with parents to ensure they are provided with information on how to support children's nutritional needs.
- The nursery is now providing all of the meals for the children throughout the day. This includes a hot meal at lunchtime.
|Records are not always accessible and available, as required.
- All files have been checked over and all relevant paperwork is accessible.
- The nursery operates an open door policy so parents and visitors can ask to view policies upon request. And parents can view learning journeys upon request.